Use our Doctor & Hospital Finder to look for doctors, dentists or specialists near you. Select the type of care you are looking for and your plan name, Horizon NJ TotalCare (HMO D-SNP). You can also search for doctors by name, specialty or hospital affiliation and filter by your location.
Doctor Appointment Checklist
You and your doctor are a team. People who have a strong relationship with their doctor tend to be healthier and more satisfied with their care. Here are some tips to get the most from your next doctor's visit.
Before you go:
- Know your medical history. Bring along medical information, such as test results and medications you are taking, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements.
- Make a list of questions you have concerning your symptoms, condition and treatment.
During your appointment:
- Discuss your current symptoms and go over your list of questions or concerns.
- Make sure you understand what your doctor is telling you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about something you don’t understand or something your doctor hasn’t covered.
After your appointment:
Taking care of your health doesn’t end when you leave your doctor’s office. Ask yourself, did my doctor:
- Schedule any follow-up appointments before I left the office?
- Talk with me about my symptoms so that I understand the information provided?
- Actively listen to and address my concerns in terms I understand?
- Encourage me to participate in making choices about treatment options?
- Make sure that I understand the medicine I’m taking, including how to take them and possible side effects?
- Go over my plan of treatment, tests and any follow-up care?
Your Doctor Visit Checklist
Make the most of your doctor's appointment. Here's a list of questions you should ask your doctor during your annual exam.