You’re automatically enrolled in our Care Management Program. Your Care Manager will:
- Develop and update your Plan of Care with goals that are right for you
- Coordinate health care services with your doctors and pharmacists so you receive the best possible care
- Help you get any authorizations (pre-approvals) you may need before receiving services
- Provide information on community resources and health and wellness programs
You’ll also receive information to help you create your own health goals with your doctor and other health care providers so you can make informed decisions about your treatment. If you have a question about our Care Management Program, call 1-888-621-5894 (TTY 711), weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Select option 2 and then select option 2 again.
Home Delivered Meals After a Hospital Stay
After a qualifying inpatient hospital stay, you may be eligible to receive up to 28 nutritious meals over a 14-day period. You can get this benefit twice per year.
How It Works
- Your Care Manager will call you shortly after you are discharged from the hospital to review the meal program.
- If you qualify, your Care Manager will fill out any necessary forms, order your meals and make sure the program is in place.
Questions? Call your Care Manager or our Care Management team at 1-888-621-5894 (TTY 711), option 2, then option 2 again, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Silver&Fit® Healthy Aging and Exercise Program
Your Horizon NJ TotalCare (HMO D-SNP) plan comes with a no-cost fitness program that includes:
- Access to a network of over 15,000 participating fitness centers and select YMCAs
- Digital fitness video program with home fitness tools
- Telephone-based Healthy Aging Coaching for a broad range of areas, including nutritional and healthy eating coaching
Would you rather exercise at home?
You can select one Stay Fit Kit and up to two Home Fitness Kits per benefit year.
- Register online at SilverAndFit.com, or call the Silver & Fit customer service line at 1-877-427-4788 (TTY 711), weekdays, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- When you enroll in a specific fitness center on SilverAndFit.com, you can print or download the Welcome Letter, which includes the Silver&Fit card with your Fitness ID number, and the fitness center name and address.
Always talk to your doctor before you start a new fitness program.
Horizon Healthy Journey
The Horizon Healthy Journey Program is here to help you get the information you need to take care of your health. We focus on the importance of preventive health screenings through education and engagement. We offer:
- Personal Touch: Our care team makes one-on-one calls for health screening reminders, health education and chronic disease management.
- All Stages of Life: You can count on us for support through all stages of life.
- Awareness: Our educational materials and health screening reminders are tailored to your needs.
- Rewards and Incentives: We make it easy for you to earn rewards just for being active in your wellness journey. You may be eligible to earn rewards when you complete certain preventive health screenings.
Getting the right care starts with an annual wellness visit with your Primary Care Provider (PCP). During this visit, your PCP will talk to you about your:
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Risk of falling
- Needed preventive health screenings and vaccinations
An annual wellness visit is a covered benefit, at no cost to you.
If you have any concerns that make it difficult for you to get your preventive health screenings, please call the Horizon Healthy Journey line 1-844-754-2451 (TTY 711), weekdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time (ET).
Managed Long Term Services & Supports (MLTSS)
The MLTSS program promotes independence, dignity and choice. It also helps members who need support services to remain in their homes and communities as long as possible.
The program is designed to strengthen your support system by helping caregivers and providing care and services personalized to every individual’s needs.
For more information on MLTSS, visit the State of New Jersey’s Division of Medical Assistance & Health Services website or call MLTSS Member Services at 1-844-444-4410 (TTY 711).
Who Is Eligible?
- Live in New Jersey
- Be eligible for NJ FamilyCare
- Meet the functional and/or clinical requirements
- Be age 65 or older; or if you are under age 65, be blind or disabled
Income Requirements and Cost
- Your monthly income
- Total liquid assets
Visit the NJ FamilyCare Aged, Blind, Disabled Programs information page on the NJ Department of Human Services’ Division of Medical Assistance & Health Services website for more information.
What Is Covered?
All NJ FamilyCare A benefits plus:
- A dedicated Care Manager
- A personalized Plan of Care
MLTSS services such as assisted living, community residential services, or others, based on your individual needs.
How Do I Apply?
- You will first need to apply for NJ FamilyCare.
- Once you are an NJ FamilyCare member, call Horizon NJ Health MLTSS Member Services at 1-844-444-4410 (TTY 711).
Horizon Neighbors in Health
Managing your health and day-to-day challenges can sometimes be tough, especially if you don’t know where to go for help. But you can get care and support with Horizon Neighbors in Health, a partnership between Horizon BCBSNJ and several hospitals and doctors across New Jersey.
How It Works
A local Community Health Worker and a Personal Health Assistant will work with you to develop a program personalized for you. Based on your goals, you may get help with:
- Coordinating and scheduling medical appointments
- Finding transportation, healthy foods, childcare, employment and housing
- Setting and achieving your health goals
- Finding community resources, life coaching and skill building opportunities
- Understanding how your Horizon NJ TotalCare (HMO D-SNP) benefits work
How Can We Help You?
Everyone needs a helping hand sometimes, and Horizon Neighbors in Health is here for you. If you’re interested, email us.
Horizon Neighbors in Health: Education Works
Do you want to get your high school diploma? The Horizon Neighbors in Health: Education Works program can help you study for and get your diploma – all at no cost to you!
Horizon Neighbors in Health: Education Works will:
- Work with you one-on-one to understand your situation and remove any barriers that are preventing you from getting your diploma
- Connect you to groups in your area to help you study
- Give you telephone coaching to help you stay on track
- Pay the pre-test and test fees (limited to three attempts)
For more information, call 1-800-682-9094 x52076 (TTY 711), weekdays, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET, or email us.
Quit Smoking Support
Becoming smoke-free is one of the best things you can do to improve your health. By quitting smoking, you can improve your lung function and circulation and reduce your chance of developing certain cancers and heart disease, among many other benefits. It may help you add years to your life.
New Jersey has several support options to help you quit smoking:
- NJ Quitline: You can design a personalized program and obtain support from counselors in 26 languages. NJ Quitline is available weekdays, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (except holidays) and Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 1-866-NJ-STOPS or 1-866-657-8677 (TYY 711) or visit the NJ Quitline website.
- NJ Quitcenters: NJ Quitcenters offer professional, face-to-face counseling in individual or group sessions. Centers can be located through NJ Quitline.
The medicines listed below are available to Horizon NJ TotalCare (HMO D-SNP) members and can help you quit smoking. Ask your doctor if any of these are right for you:
- Bupropion (Zyban)
- Nicotine transdermal patches (Nicoderm)
- Nicotine polacrilex gum (Nicorette)
- Nicotine polacrilex lozenge (Commit)
Lifeline Assistance Program: Free Cell Phone
Eligible Horizon NJ TotalCare (HMO D-SNP) members can receive a free cell phone and wireless phone service through SafeLink Wireless, a Federal Lifeline Assistance program. You can use your phone to stay in touch with your family, your doctor, your Horizon NJ TotalCare (HMO D-SNP) Care Manager and Member Services.
You may qualify for SafeLink Wireless because you are enrolled in NJ FamilyCare. After you qualify, you will have 350 free minutes and unlimited text messages every month. There are no bills, so there are no surprises. If you run out of minutes, you can buy extra minutes for just 10 cents a minute. You will always be able to call 911 or Member Services for free, even if you run out of minutes.
There are three ways you can enroll:
- Visit SafeLink.com to apply online.
- Print and fill out the application and mail it back.
- Call SafeLink at 1-800-SafeLink (1-800-723-3546).
Help With Utility Bills
Check your eligibility to see if you qualify for help with past due electric or gas bills.