Here's how it works:
- You get reimbursement up to $400 each calendar year for one or more of the following Non–Medicare covered benefits:
- Weight management program
- Nutritional/dietary benefit
- Activity tracker
- Therapeutic massage
- Bathroom Safety Devices
- Acupuncture must be provided by a licensed or certified practitioner in the state of New Jersey. A valid receipt must contain practitioner information.
- Nutritional/dietary benefit is a general nutritional education offered to all enrollees through classes and/or individual counseling. It must be provided by a licensed or certified practitioner in the state of New Jersey (i.e., physician, nurse, registered dietician or nutritionist). A valid receipt must contain practitioner information.
- Reimbursement for the Weight Management Program is limited to Weight Watchers which offer weekly structured weight loss management lessons, coaching and monitoring. The program may not offer meals as part of the benefit.
- An activity tracker is a wearable device that records a person's physical activity, together with other data relating to their fitness or health, such as the number of calories burned and heart rate. Request for reimbursement can be submitted after purchasing an activity tracker and upon submitting a valid receipt to Horizon BCBSNJ.
- Therapeutic massage – Massage therapy to reduce pain, stiffness, loss of range of motion or treat the impact of injury if it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Bathroom safety devices – Includes raised toilet seat, bathroom rail, toilet rail, shower stool/bench/chair, transfer bench, hand held shower, non-slip tread strip and installation fees (an in-home assessment by a health professional is not eligible)
You may submit one or multiple requests for reimbursement up to the $400 limit.
Reimbursement can be requested by submitting a reimbursement form with an itemized receipt or an itemized receipt with a copy of ID card to Horizon BCBSNJ at the address below:
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
P.O. Box 1609
Newark, NJ 07101-1609