Telehealth - Get convenient medical care online, anytime.
We make it easy for you to stay in control of your health. Horizon CareOnline℠ allows you to talk privately with a licensed, board-certified CareOnline network provider via video or chat, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, using a web-enabled computer or mobile device - all for a $0 copay.
- You do not need an appointment for urgent telemedicine visits, and an ePrescription will be provided if you need one.
- You need to schedule an appointment for behavioral health visits (appointments are available between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. ET, seven days a week).
How can I use it?
You can access Horizon CareOnline one of these two easy ways:
- Sign in at HorizonBlue.com - Once you sign in, look for Telemedicine under Doctors and Care.
- Prefer to go mobile? Download the Horizon Blue app from the App Store℠ or Google Play™. Or, text GetApp to 422-272. Once you download the app, look for Telemedicine when you sign into your account.
What can you use Horizon CareOnline for?
Horizon CareOnline gives you access to virtual therapy and psychiatry in addition to urgent care appointments for conditions like stomach pain, fever, skin irritations and more.
How often can you use it?
As often as you like. You get unlimited medical video visits with health care providers from the comfort of home, or wherever you are!
Here's how to get started:
- Visit HorizonBlue.com/register
- Enter your personal information. You will be asked to enter your member ID number, which can be found on your member ID card. Once you complete all of the fields, click Continue.
- Type in the characters you see in the box, read the disclaimer and check the box. Click Continue
- Create your username and password and select your security questions and answers.
Call 1-888-777-5075 (TTY 711), weekdays, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., ET.
If you need help registering for or using Horizon CareOnline, send an email to HorizonCareOnline@AmericanWell.com.
Our telehealth service allows its network doctors to ePrescribe in New Jersey through video visits only. Urgently needed telemedicine and behavioral health services are available in all states, although ePrescribing services may be restricted by state laws.
Telemedicine: Visit a doctor without leaving your house with Horizon CareOnline
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use Horizon CareOnline for?
You can ask the doctor about:
- Skin irritations
- Abdominal pain
- And more
What does it cost?
Effective immediately and through the end of public health emergency and State of Emergency declared by Governor Murphy in Executive Order 103 of 2020, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is waiving all member out-of-pocket costs for covered telemedicine services delivered by an in-network doctor or in-network mental health professional through Horizon CareOnline.
How often can I use it?
As often as you like! You get unlimited medical video visits with doctors from the comfort of home or wherever you are.
More ways to get care.
- Covered health services from an in-network health care provider can now be delivered over common video platforms like Facetime and Skype or through a telephone call through the end of public health emergency and State of Emergency declared by Governor Murphy in Executive Order 103 of 2020. These visits will be no cost to you.
Covered services include routine care, therapy, mental health and substance use care, and diagnosis or treatment for COVID-19.
- You also have no-cost, 24/7 access to licensed nurses who can provide doctor-approved information to help you make informed health care decisions. To access the 24/7 Nurse Line, please call 1-800-711-5952 (TTY 711).