Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has partnered with certain vendors to help you get the screenings you need quickly and easily. You may be contacted by one of the vendors below on our behalf, if you are eligible for a certain screening(s). If you get a call or receive mail from one of our partnered vendors, we have given them permission to reach out to you.
A team of pharmacists that contact members for the following:
- Osteoporosis Management in Women — Magellan Rx educates members about the risks of osteoporosis and the importance of completing a Bone Density Mineral test/DEXA scan. They will also contact women between the ages of 65-87 that had a fracture in the past six months.
- Statin Therapy for Patients with Cardiovascular Disease – Magellan Rx educates members who are at risk for cardiovascular disease and may benefit from statin therapy.
Magellan Rx services are offered to members in the following Medicare Advantage HMO plans:
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Choice w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access Group w/Rx Value (HMO-POS)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Advantage (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Select (HMO-POS)
Mobile Medical Examination services, MedXm
A specialized team of licensed, credentialed and professional technicians that perform in-home screenings for:
- Colorectal cancer
- Diabetic retinal eye exam
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Microalbumin test
- DEXA scan
MedXm services are offered to members enrolled in either Medicare Advantage HMO or PPO plans.