When it comes to choosing a plan, determine what’s most important to you.
If lowering your out-of-pocket costs is your priority, look at Horizon Medicare Blue Advantage (HMO)* plans.
- A $0 premium or $0 Rx deductible in certain counties
- $10 copay for Primary Care visits
- $25 copay for Specialists visits
- New for 2021! $0 copay for expanded telehealth benefits that now include virtual therapy and psychiatry visits with Horizon CareOnline℠
- New for 2021! $0 copay for an annual physical exam and Diagnostic Mammograms
If having more freedom to choose the doctors, hospitals, and specialists you want look at:
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/Rx (HMO)
- Horizon Medicare Blue Choice w/Rx (HMO)
New for 2021 Horizon Medicare Blue Access (PPO)
- $0 in-network Annual Medical Deductible
- $5 for in-network primary doctor copay
- $0 copay for doctors by phone, video or online chat
- Plus you'll have both in-and out-of-network benefits
Available in all Horizon Medicare Advantage Plans
- $200/year back on your gym or yoga studio memberships
- Doctors by Phone, Video or Chat: Talk confidentially with a US board-certified licensed doctor, 24 hours a day, 7 days with Horizon CareOnline℠
- 100% coverage for preventative care, including many immunizations
- Emergency care worldwide
- Routine dental, vision and hearing benefits
- No referrals to see an in-network specialist
Elegible para Medicare?
Si usted es elegible para Medicare, podrá inscribirse en un plan Medicare Advantage de Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, durante períodos específicos del año conocidos como períodos de inscripción o períodos de elección. Los materiales de inscripción están disponibles en español si se necesitan.
Para más información acerca de la inscripción, comuníquese con Servicio a Clientes deHorizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, al 1-877-234-1240 (usuarios de TTY/TDD: 1-800-852-7899) de lunes a viernes entre las 8 a.m. y las 8 p.m., hora del Este.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my enrollment in this plan based on my health history?
You can join a Medicare Advantage plan even if you have a pre-existing condition, except for End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
If I have ESRD, am I eligible to enroll in a MA/MAPD?
Individuals with End Stage Renal Disease are generally not eligible to enroll unless they are members of our organization and have been since their dialysis began.
When enrolling into a Medicare Advantage plan, do I need to include drug coverage if I have PAAD?
Yes. PAAD is a pharmaceutical assistance program and does not actually function as prescription coverage.
Am I required to continue paying my Medicare Part B premium if I enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan?
Yes. You are required to have Medicare Part A and Part B to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
Can I enroll in or switch a Medicare Advantage plan at any time?
No. Enrollment in a Medicare Advantage plan is generally for the entire year. Once you enroll, you may leave this plan or make changes to your coverage only during an open enrollment period or under certain special circumstances, such as when you move to a new address that is outside your plan’s service area.
Can I purchase a Medicare Advantage plan and a stand-alone prescription drug plan?
No. Enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan will automatically end your enrollment in another Medicare health plan or prescription drug plan. However, you can choose a Medicare Advantage plan that includes Medicare prescription drug benefits.